First - Schreckfeld - Bort (No. 53/55)
A sledging adventure in the sun with a fantastic view for the whole family.
First of all, we take the gondola from Grindelwald to First. On First you can rent a sledge, buy forgotten equipment in the sports shop, take a short break from the toilet or enjoy a warm drink or meal.From First it is first a few metres on foot towards the valley station of the Oberjoch chairlift. Caution: there you have to cross the ski slope. Afterwards the toboggan run leads first along, later on and parallel to the ski slope towards Schreckfeld. The toboggan run is well marked with violet piste poles. On Schreckfeld there is the possibility to use the First-Glider. There you will also find a WC, a picnic room or a restaurant for a short break.From Schreckfeld you first take a leisurely walk towards Egg. After the more comfortable flat part follows a rapid descent to Bort station. At Bort, one is spoilt for choice, either one takes the gondola up to First, visits the Berghaus Bort or takes the gondola back to the valley. If the snow conditions are good, the toboggan run from Bort up to Grindelwald is also open.
- 19 minutes
- 3 vm
- 606 vm
- Starting Point
- First, mountain station (2168 m)
- Ending Point
- Bort, intermediate station Grindelwald-First cable car (1561 m)
- Recommended season
- At the railway ticket office you can buy a day ticket for sledging, with which you can enjoy unlimited sledging fun.
- Fly through the fresh mountain air with the First Flyer and/or First Glider.
- Sled or toboggan
- Ski helmetday
- hiking backpack (approx. 20 liters) with rain cover
- comfortable and waterproof winter shoes or sturdy hiking boots (if necessary dredges and gaiters)
- hat/headband, scarf
- waterproof glovessun and rain protection
- Provisions and drinking water, thermos bottle with hot drink
- first aid kit
- pocket knife
- Cell phone
- if necessary headlamp and reﬂectors
- Map material
The 10 rules of sledging
- Show consideration for others
- Adapt speed and driving style to ability
- Respect the lane of the vehicle in front
- Overtake with distance
- Look up before entering and approaching the road
- Stop at the edge
- Get on and off at the edge
- Observe signs and markings
- Provide assistance
- In the event of an accident: give personal details
More information and links
First, mountain station (2168 m)
|Geographic||46.659977 N 8.05403 E|
Bort, intermediate station Grindelwald-First cable car (1561 m)
Step by Step Directions
First - Schreckfeld - Bort
The toboggan run runs from First first towards Schreckfeld and then to Bort. The path is partly used by different winter sports enthusiasts at the same time.
Thanks to its central location in Europe, Switzerland is served by international trains from over 12 countries. Within Switzerland, Intercity trains run directly from Basel and Lucerne to the Jungfrau Region. Travellers from Zurich have to change in Berne. The trains run every half hour.
From Interlaken follow the main road in the direction of Zweilütschinen. There you turn left towards Grindelwald. The whole trip takes about 30 minutes and is partly winding.
You can use the public parking garages in the center of Grindelwald: Parkhaus Eiger+ (252 parking spaces) and Parkhaus Sportzentrum (160 parking spaces), as well as an uncovered parking spaces at the bottom station of First and Pfingstegg.
Alternatively Parking area Grindelwald Grund